It is 5 in the morning and we are leaving for the airport to fly out to Mbuji-Mayi. Our flight is scheduled to leave at 9 am. I doubt internet will be available so if you don't hear from me for about 10 days that's why. I'll try to get some good photos and maybe some more videos. Keep up the prayers and thank you :-)
Church yesterday was quite lovely. We went to the Limgala service. Limgala is the local language spoken here in Kinshasa. They also had a French and English service. But the worship is best in the local language :-)
One of the scriptures referenced in service was Psalm 121. Most people have heard the first two verses, but the last two really spoke to me. This is for those of you praying for us, and perhaps are concerned for our safety. Do keep sending up the prayers, but also be comforted by the promises of God.
5 The Lord is your keeper...
I have included some videos from yesterday's worship service. The first is a women's group, then a young adults group, and then the men.
We arrived safely last night. Our flights were delayed some but we made all of our connections. Our hotel here in Kinshasa has some limited internet :-) Today we are going to church and then getting plane tickets for the trip to Mbuji-Mayi. Have a blessed day.
I am in Chicago sitting on the plane to Brussels. I'll be in Kinshasa in another 18 or 19 hours. If I can do any posts while there then I will. Perhaps I'll get internet in Kinshasa, but don't hold your breath :-) I know many of you are/will be praying for us and I thank you for that. See you on the flip side :-D
Ok, I have a little more packing to do, but my passport is here !! Yay God !! I had to mail it off last Friday to the Congolese Embassy in Washington D.C. for my entry visa with an express mail return envelope. I was a bit nervous about it getting back to me in time for my flight out this Friday (day after tomorrow). But the local post office says it is waiting for me at pick-up now, so I can breath :)
We leave Friday afternoon and arrive in Kinshasa (DRC) on Saturday. We have a layover in Chicago and another in Brussels, Belgium along with two flights at 8 hours ... but hey, that what it takes to go to the other side of the world :) Once we get to Kinshasa we will have to wait a bit to go to Mbuja-Mayi. Mbuja-Mayi is in diamond country and will require an additional visa that we have to get in-person in Kinshasa. The plan is to book a flight out to Mbuja-Mayi on Tuesday, as there are no decent roads that can get us there. We will then have 9 days to install the system and then get back to Kinshasa for our flight out on August 10th.
We are installing a 2.5kW solar electric system in the Kalala MEZEU medical clinic near Mbuja-Mayi. This clinic serves 50,000 people in the Cibombo Cinuanyi community. The solar power will run lights, microscopes, centrifuges, other lab equipment, and/or computers. At one point we were hoping to do a water pumping system as well, but the huge cost of drilling in Africa put that project on hold. We are hoping to make a future trip (or trips) to add the water pumping, some DC refrigeration, and possibly expand the solar system. We will see what God does :) Prayers in abundance please and thank you !!
I got back to the US late last night. The two weeks in Honduras were amazing!! I am ready to sell off everything and get back there permanently ! We had a few meetings with the pastors and leaders of Tsebaoth Ministries in Teguc and they have welcomed us with open arms. Sutton will be starting a teaching job at Tsebaoth's private school in a few weeks. I have a few more missions this year, but I may be teaching there next semester. There is also some potential to get solar work in country. We will see what God does :D
For right now, I have to get ready for the next mission to the Democratic Republic of the Congo. I just mailed off my passport to the Congolese embassy in Washington DC for my visa. Praying everything will go smoothly and it will get back to me next week before my flight out ... on FRIDAY !! I will be gone from July 26th till August 11th. So Pray Pray Pray. And thank you so much for your support !!
We arrived safely in Tegucigalpa yesterday and are now at the Moncada's wonderful home. Today we are going to Choluteca with a group from Isaiah 61 to do some ministry at Pastor Cesar's church. We will be back in Teguc tomorrow. We are already scheduled to meet with the pastors of Tseboath on Sunday to discuss expectations and share our hearts. And then the week long EPI (intensive prophetic school) starts on Monday. This is going to be a great trip !! Keep us in your prayers please, that God would open the doors He wants open and shut the doors He wants shut. We live to serve Him, and it's scary/Awesome/EXCITING :-D
Check this page for mission trip updates